Monday, March 04, 2013

The "GRAND" Nanny

I had all intentions of posting this earlier, but here goes!  March 4th was my Nanny's birthday.  She would have been 92.  She died when she was 81.  She was the "GRAND" Nanny.  I am sure Kamdyn and Karcie would argue because they think that their Nanny is GRAND.  And, she is!!  But to me, my Nanny will always be the best!  I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but she wasn't rich with money, just a whole lot of love.  That's the BEST kind anyway. When I visited her or even talked with her on the phone, she always acted as if seeing or talking to me was the best thing in the world.  I don't ever really remember her being mad or angry....only happy and smiling!  She had a fun sense of humor and loved to laugh, play games, watch Wheel of Fortune, and drive fast.  :)  Spending time at her house was my favorite thing to do when I was growing up.  I would have moved in if my parents would have let me.  

So, why the photo of the eggs?  Well, on her birthday, unconsciously I decided that I wanted a fried egg for lunch.  I had not had one in forever.  Then, I remembered that my Nanny made fried eggs every Saturday morning for breakfast.  They were perfect....unlike mine!  The yolk was always in the center and the white part of the egg was always bright white, not burnt on the edges!    She would season her eggs with Accent and would sing, "You gotta Ac-cent-u-ate the positive. E-lim-inate the negative....don't mess with mischief in between."  As I made my fried eggs, I thought about her and how much I missed her.  I remembered times with her.  I thought about how great it would have been if she had been able to meet Kamdyn and Karcie.  Thankfully, I know that she is in a better place.  A place free from pain, worry, COPD, breathing issues, etc.  She loves her home and probably loves watching over us in our new home.  I'm so thankful to God for all of the many memories that I have of her.  Eventually, I will find the photo taken of me, her, and my Mom that last day that I saw her alive.  It's one of my favorites!   


1 comments:

Mom said...

She loved you so much and would be so proud of you and your life and family. Can you imagine her with Kamdyn and Karcie? She always said I would understand one day why she loved you so much when you had babies and I do! Thank you for the sweet words.