One of the other main purposes of our visit to Georgia last weekend was to attend Miss Boykin's wedding. Miss Boykin has been a friend of mine for several years. We taught Pre-K together in our county and I recruited her to LFH when we had a Pre-K opening. She and I endured being moved from our beloved Pre-K to other grades. Neither of us were happy at the time, but were thankful that we got to stay at LFH. We both ended up liking our new grades even better than Pre-K. :) After moving to 1st grade, she was my request for Kamdyn's teacher. She was so great for Kamdyn. She is strict, but in a fun way. She allowed Kamdyn to be herself, while learning, AND enjoying school. We miss her tremendously.
We were thrilled to be able to make her wedding. She was a beautiful bride and her reception was phenomenal. Richard says it ranks up there with one of THE. BEST. RECEPTIONS. that he has been to. Those are strong words coming from a man who doesn't really care for weddings. :)
I also got to see former co-workers and friends. It was a date night of sorts for Richard and me, too. We stayed until around midnight because we knew that the kids were in bed and were well taken care of. Thanks, Georgia!
It was a great night in Augusta, GA!
| Introducing Anna-Susan Boykin Trulock! LOVE HER! |
| Maggie (my Pre-K assistant), Mrs. Bailey (friend, my formal principal, and Jacob's Mom), and me! |
| Maggie was such an awesome assistant. I love her and miss her so much! I can't wait to hear all about her teaching career when it begins. :) |


0 comments:
Post a Comment