Sunday, March 24, 2013

Smocks Painting Party!

Another important event on the agenda for our Augusta weekend was Kamdyn's 7th birthday party!  I told you that we crammed A LOT into one weekend.  We scheduled her party prior to our moving on Miss Boykin's wedding weekend.  Kamdyn was scared to death that she wouldn't have friends in Apex to invite to her party.  I wanted to alleviate any unwanted stress from Kamdyn so we planned her Smocks Painting Party with all of her LFH friends.  It turned out to be a great party and she loved seeing all of her friends!  However, she would have been just fine having her birthday in Apex.  We knew she would meet friends immediately.  And, she did!  The painting party was perfect though and I am so glad that we had it at Smocks.  Jennifer is wonderful!  She was so patient with the girls who were attentive (most of the time!).  :)  This was an all inclusive party.  Jennifer created the invitations, the thank you notes, and had all of the party supplies and decor.  All I had to bring was a cake and drinks.  How much easier could it get?

Can this really be Kamdyn's 7th Birthday Party?



This was the invitation that will not turn the correct way no matter what I do!  Blame it on the Iphone!
The inspiration for the cake.  Kamdyn insisted on having an "art themed" cake.  I was content with polka dots, stripes, etc.  But, this was her idea and her party so we went with it!
Georgia volunteered to make the cake which alleviated one more worry for me!  I had no idea when we would have fit in picking up a cake while we were there that weekend.  :)  Besides, Georgia's Cakes are DELICIOUS!!
Kamdyn got to keep the "kamdyn" portion of the sign at the entrance.
Welcome to Smocks!  Jennifer does this in one of the front rooms of her house.  She also has weekly painting classes with children. 
The decorated cake table.

CUTE!

Waiting for all of the guests to arrive.

The paintings that you could choose to paint.

Kamdyn chose the two owls.  :)  We seem to be crazy about owls around here.

Sweet Emma Kate came in with her Clemson shirt.  She knows our love for Clemson and says that she and Kamdyn are going to be roommates at Clemson one day.  Sounds good to me!  Love this girl!!

Mrs. Jennifer giving directions.  I loved that they began the painting with a prayer.  It was so sweet!

Present Table

Decorations

Mary Bryson

Kamdyn was in deep concentration!

So were the rest of the girls!

Time to paint!  They started with an outline using chalk.


Sweet baby girl!

Lily (I taught her for two years in Pre-K and Kindergarten.  Then, she ended up in Kamdyn's 1st grade class!)

Mary Kingsley

Emma Kate

Those owls are beginning to take shape!

Emory Kate was in my Kindergarten class this past year!  She and Kamdyn had a few playdates together.

Mary Oliff

Ari (I also taught Ari in Pre-K and Kindergarten.  She was in Kamdyn's 1st grade class.)


Katelyn


These girls couldn't wait for cake!!

I don't blame them because it was DE-LICIOUS!

Mary Bryson looks tired!  :)

Something exciting must have happened?

I was making a good mess with that cake!  The girls had preferences of colors, frosting, cake, etc.

The finished products before Mrs. Jennifer added the pre-cut eyes.

Kamdyn did such a great job!  All of the girls did!  I was amazed!


Then, Karcie got to come to the party with Georgia and Randy.  She spilled her juice box on her immediately!  :)

Trying to get all of them seated, with paintings, and smiling was almost impossible!

They wanted to love on Karcie, too!

And she was loving it!

LOVE!

We can't see you!

WHOOO's hiding?

There's my sweet girl!

It was a great party with great friends!  We miss Augusta!

0 comments: