Thursday, July 31, 2008

Locks of Love

Before I begin, I would like to say that this was not originally my idea. When Richard, Matthew, and Patrick went on their fishing trip back in May, Carly, Patrick's girlfriend, had not seen me since football season. Immediately, she said, "Your hair is so long! Are you growing it to donate it?" My first response was, "No, I'm just lazy and need a haircut." Since becoming a Mommy I don't really spend much time on myself anymore, thus the reason for the curls all of the time. I just don't take the time to blow dry my hair very much. I spent many years doing this! At this point in my life, I'd rather spend that 30 minutes with Kamdyn or sleeping!

Carly informed me that she was growing her hair to donate it. Our friends, Allison and Carrie, recently donated their hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths which requires 8 inches of hair. So, I got out the measuring tape, knowing that I needed a haircut in the worse kind of way! I researched both Locks of Love (10 inches) and Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. Locks of Love is for children with medical hair loss. Beautiful Lengths is for women battling cancer. Both are wonderful organizations, but I decided I wanted to help the children. I decided to wait until the end of summer for my haircut and TODAY WAS THE DAY!!

I had made up mind and really wasn't nervous at all. I just wanted it cut and over with! The day started beautifully. It was humid, but beautiful! As I was sitting in the chair getting my ponytail chopped, the rain began to fall. My first reaction was, "Great, just my luck! A rainy, humid day that my new hairdo will HATE!!!" I made Andrea take a picture after cutting my ponytail and after straightening my hair. I knew as soon as I walked out the door the humidity would strike my hair! And, it DID, with a vengeance!! At any rate, I will put my ponytail in the mail tomorrow and will now begin the countless hours of blow drying my hair again! I don't LOVE the curls when my hair is short, but it was all for a good cause!!! Maybe I'll donate again next year to Beautiful Lengths.

Yuck! Parted down the middle for ponytail cut! 10 inches was a lot, but it was less than I thought!


My new asymmetrical bob! Shorter in the back and angled longer in the front!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Wow! You look very chic and stylish!
You've still got length so you can always resort to the faithful ponytail! Love it!:)

Anonymous said...

baba boom - you look beautiful and it even looks a lot lighter. It was a beautiful thing for you to do. I love it!

Jennifer said...

Wooo hooo!! I like it!!!

Misty and Adam said...

Your hair looks so good!! I love it!! Very chic and Vidal Sassoon!! What a wonderful thing to do!!

Keri said...

I really like you with short hair. It's really pretty. That was really a cool thing to do with it too.

Amy Wallace said...

I love it Kimberly! One extra star for you in your crown! What a thoughtful thing to do...just think about making that little girl or boy happy !!!

Lee Wilkes said...

I think that is great! I have often thought about wanting to that one day-you may be just the inspiration I need! I've got some more growing to do though! Your new cut looks great too.

Kacy said...

Love the new "do" Kimberly! It looks great on you, and all for a great cause!