Richard, Matthew, Holly, and I all ventured down to Ruthie's in Ridgeland (near Beaufort/Hilton Head) on Sunday evening. Kamdyn and Ruthie left Mama Lucy's on Sunday morning. They stopped by our house for lunch and were back on the road again headed to Ruthie's house. Kamdyn was not at home for over a week and a half. Surprisingly, she did great with all of the bed changes and road trips!
Richard, Matthew, and Holly went crabbing for a while shortly after we arrived at Ruthie's. I got Kamdyn fed, bathed, and put to bed while they were gone. They came back with a huge bucket full of crabs. What do you do with a bucket full of crabs? Throw them in a steaming pot of boiling water with some crab boil for about 10 minutes and then you eat them. It was a lot of work, but we did manage to find some crab meat in those crabs. Our "real" dinner that we didn't have to work nearly as hard for was spaghetti!


I didn't realize until now that this shirt made me look pregnant!! YIKES!! Oh well!! I'll have to save this one until I really am pregnant! :)

On Monday morning we got up bright and early for a trip to the beach. Can you believe that this was Kamdyn's first beach trip where she actually got to play in the ocean and sand. On her previous visits, it was always too cold. To say that she had a blast would be an understatement! She particularly enjoyed chasing me around with sand after she realized how much I hated it!!








After we had enough of the beach, we walked back to the condo that Mama Lucy's sister owns in Hilton Head for a rinse in the pool and we had lunch. This was Kamdyn's first time with swimmies and she LOVED them. She was moving all around in the pool! We couldn't believe how confident she was with them. I was worried that she would be a little scared! WRONG!! We even had to take her back for one last swim after her nap. Thank you, Ruthie, for having us! We had a fabulous time!!




I tried to upload some videos specifically for Nanny and Pop Pop, but they wouldn't work. We had to change the resolution on the camera so that the videos are usable/viewable when we save them to a DVD. Sorry, Nanny and Pop Pop! You will have to see the videos when you visit next time. :(
We also got to bring back our new car, The Pathfinder, from Ruthie's! I LOVE IT!! I'm sure there will be pictures of it at some point on here.
Family Fun
2 years ago


2 comments:
What a beautiful litle Mermaid. She will definitely need those "swim lessons" soon Mommy. I'm glad you all had a wonderful time before new school year begins. The water at the pool looks so inviting and the beach a little piece of heaven. Can't wait to see the video.
It was a pleasure to have you all. Repeat anytime. I'm ready today!
Next time we're taking the dolphin boat. One more critter for Kamdyn to meet.
Ruthie
Post a Comment