Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kindermusik Success

So, Day 2 and Day 3 of Kindermusik turned out to be SOOOOO much better than Day 1. Kamdyn was a little angel. Turns out that talking and attempting to reason with a 2-year-old can work somewhat. I mean, she did still roam around the room and do her own thing at times (more so than the other children); however, there were NO tears or fits! She was very polite. At one point yesterday, she even turned to me and said, "I'm being nice, Mommy!" She helped put away the toys and she shared with the other children! I praised her profusely when we left both days and encouraged her to keep up the good work. We have even found, through our Kindermusik class, a set of 3-year-old twins, Ansley and Flip, that actually live in our neighborhood . Playdates with them will be easy! And, we've also made friends with another Mom and a precious little girl named Madelyn. We are going to set up some playdates with them soon, too! Life is Good, even though I already feel the pressure of it speeding up again all too soon!


Kamdyn and Lilly playing with the toys before everyone else arrived.


Kamdyn shaking this "rain stick" excitedly!


Planning her next move! :)


And, there she goes! One of many moves she made during storytime. I think Suzanne was trying to get her attention at this point. But Kamdyn kept saying, "Mommy, I have one question to ask you!" I'm a teacher for goodness sakes! Isn't my child supposed to know how to sit?? I have a year to work on that before to goes to a formal school setting. At least she knows a lot of skills for her age. For now, I want her to enjoy being a kid!!!


Finally sitting while Suzanne (not the same Suzanne we go swimming with) finishes the book. From left to right: Kamdyn, Flip, Lilly, and Madelyn.

1 comments:

Jess said...

I LOVE your blogs, Kim!
Kamdyn is too dang cute! You know that I get 'dang' from you!! haha!

Don't fret, my friend...you know, as well as we do, that soon enough, Kamdyn will sit w/o problem.

Love,
Jess