She did it! She finally used the potty today for the first time EVER!!! I wouldn't be surprised if some of you heard me clear across the state of SC.
Let me set the scene:
Kamdyn had her diaper changed this afternoon around 1:00 because we were leaving to take Richard to the airport. (Yes, he's out of town again to Salt Lake City, but only until Wednesday evening.) She fell asleep in the truck immediately because her nap time is usually 1:00-3:00 daily. After dropping Richard off, I had a few errands to run in Augusta. I had to exchange some shoes and I had to run in Target. Kamdyn still had a dry diaper.
On our way home from Target, she started saying, "Mommy, my tummy hurts. I need to pee pee." I tell her to just use it in her diaper. She says, "No, I'll get dirty." She also doesn't like to use it while she is sitting on her diaper. So, I told her to try to hold it until we got home. We get home and she hurries up the stairs. She says, "Help me, Mommy. Hurry! I gotta go pee pee!" I run her to the bathroom and I quickly remove her shorts and diaper. At first she sits there and says, "I can't go." Then, next thing I know.....she gets that "look" and says, "I did it!" When she stood up, I went crazy! The potty was full!!! I was hopping around, hugging her, and telling her how proud I was of her. We immediately called Nanny and Georgia. They were just as excited as we were.
She got a sticker for her good work! If she uses it again tomorrow, she will finally get to open the gift that we've had wrapped for her since Christmas for using the potty. We are definitely on our way and persistence truly does pay off! Yea, Kamdyn!!!
Family Fun
2 years ago


10 comments:
YEAH KAMDYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAY TO GO KAMDYN LUCY. NANNY AND POP POP ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU.
Yeah Kamdyn !!! Now you get that tattoo that you and Jacob have been talking about.Love you!!
Way to go Kamdyn!
Way to go Kamdyn!
Way to go Kamdyn!! Kimberly..I hope you don't mind I added your blog to my link list. I have been looking at your blog for several months now and love it. You are so good about posting. Take care!!!
Yeah!!!! I am so excited for you and Kamdyn. I can't wait for that day to come for us.....soooo tired of buying diapers! Can't wait to see you this weekend.
Congratulations Kamdyn. I am dreading the daunting task of potty training. I guess I will stay tuned to get some good pointers.
Congratulations, Miss Kamdyn! Now Mommy should take you to Sonic and treat you to a Pinkalicious Slushy to celebrate! (McCanless' favorite) Just ask for a half apple juice/half cranberry juice slushy... it comes out the most perfect shade of Pinkalicious Pink!! (We discovered this after multiple attempts at a Pink slushy-not strawberry, not cherry, not even half lemon/half strawberry works) Love, Kerri
Oh myyyyy!!! I'm DAYS late! I'm so sorry but A BIG NEW YORK CONGRATS TO KAMDYN and MAMMA KIMBERLY!!!!
Knew she'd do it! xoxoxo
~Jess
Post a Comment