There truly is no place like home. I am so glad that I was able to be with my Mom during her surgery, but I am equally as glad to be back home with my sweet baby girl and hubby. I really missed them! Kamdyn was excited to see me for about one minute. She said, "Hey, Mommy! I missed you," as she ran in to my arms. After about a 10 second hug she was on to playing and running around the house. Surprisingly, my house was not a complete disaster. I just knew that I would walk in to a cluttered mess and have to spend 2 hours de-cluttering and cleaning. Thankfully, Richard kept it rather clean OR he went on a mad cleaning spree a few hours before I got home. Either way, I was pleased when I walked in the door.
While I was in Greenville I got to see a lot of my friends that I rarely get to see. Michelle, Brandi, Angie, and Amy, it was SO good to see you guys! I miss you all terribly and wish we could see each other more often. Amy, I hope this is your last knee surgery and that you have a good time in California. Potter and Carrie, thanks for meeting me for dinner!
My Mom is doing remarkably well and I am so thankful for that. It was hard to leave her today and I really was torn as to what I should do. The doctor actually said today that she may be able to go home on Sunday! That would truly be a miracle compared to her 12 day hospital stay last time. God is so GOOD! Please pray that she continues to do so well. She is so strong and has been such a trooper through all of this. Honestly, she hasn't really complained even though she deserves to complain. I am so proud of her!
Family Fun
2 years ago


3 comments:
Yeah! I know you you hated to leave your momma, but were so glad to get home to your sweet baby girl and Richard too. We are so glad to hear that everything went as peacefully as it could.
I'm so glad that your Mom's recovery is much easier this time around!We were thinking of her while we were in Orlando!
Hey guys!
I'm glad that Mamma Sandy is home! You're a wonderful daughter, Kim! Please keep us updated, and yes, God is Good!
xoxo
Jess
Post a Comment