Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hallelujah!

We finally closed on our old house today! What a sense of relief! Yesterday was officially the last day that we had to make TWO house payments. NO, that wasn't any fun!! I can already see the weight lifted off of Richard's shoulders. Life is good and the stress level around here has been lowered significantly. You just never know what could happen to make the "deal" fall through. It's never final until you receive that check across the table. We went straight to the bank to deposit the money. The bank has already called Richard to find out what he plans to do with the money. I told Richard that they were probably making sure that the money wasn't stolen after seeing our checking accounts for the past two months. :)

So, what do most Americans do to celebrate events?.............EAT! One of my students gave me a gift card to Red Lobster/Olive Garden. We took off to Red Lobster (only because it's closer to our house) to celebrate our "official" selling of our house. We are so blessed!

Kamdyn enjoyed looking at the lobsters. When she walked up to the tank she said, "Oh my goodness!" Then she said, "How did they get in there?" She also had popcorn shrimp tonight and she loved it. I thought that I had given her shrimp before, but wasn't sure. I was praying that her throat didn't close up and that she didn't break out in a severe rash from an allergic reaction. Luckily, she did not! As of now, she isn't allergic to a single thing! Richard was embarrassed that I made him have his picture taken in front of the sign at Red Lobster, of all places. Oh well! He should be thankful that I didn't stop someone in the parking lot to take a picture of all three of us! Okay, I'm just kidding that really would be over the top! It was only to document a good day and the fact that we hardly EVER go out to dinner. We had a great time!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get Richard out to eat with the two of you!!

I am sure that you both feel so much better not making that second house payment.

Enjoy the chance to really get your new house together exactly how you want it.

I hope to see you and Miss. Kamdyn soon!

Denise said...

Yeah! I'm happy for you! It wouldn't be over the top to have someone take a picture of all of you in front of Red Lobster!LOL!As you know, Ana Blake's first name is Anastasia so we had to stop off of I-95 in Florida to take a picture of Ana Blake in front of the "Anastasia State Park" sign! I think Al felt like Richard about the picture taking!