We have been doing our best to get Kamdyn to use the potty. Friday was my first day off from work so we "officially" began the potty training process. We started the day with Tinkerbelle panties. She didn't go all morning until about 10:30. Then, I hear her get quite in her room and ran in just as she started screaming, "I have to go pee pee, Mommy!" Out it came on to her floor where I quickly threw her changing table pad underneath her. She immediately began saying, "I sorry, Mommy. I sorry, I pee peed in my panties." Then I took her and sat her on the potty. She is just not understanding that she can turn that "faucet" on and off by herself. She knows when she has to go and can tell me, but she can't make herself wait until she gets to the potty.
Next, we put on a pull-up. It stayed dry pretty much all day. During her lunch time, she exclaimed, "Mommy, I need to go to the potty!" We ran to the potty, but NOTHING! Later on in the afternoon, she said she was "peeing" in her pull-up. So, I scooped her up and managed to get her to the potty before she finished. We did actually get a little trickle in her potty! This was a great improvement. Up until then, we have NEVER had anything actually in the potty. She was SO proud of herself and couldn't wait to tell Daddy!
Ruthie bought her this "Wiggle Bug" to play with while she is sitting on the potty. She LOVES it, but knows that she can only have it while sitting on the potty.
Please pray that this potty training thing will get much easier for her (and me) ! :)

Family Fun
2 years ago


3 comments:
That's my girl! I'm so proud.
Ruthie
Has there ever been such a beautiful little girl? I don't think so. It will all click soon.
Her faces are PRICELESS!
GOOD LUCK!!
Post a Comment