Kamdyn wore Tinkerbelle panties ALL day today at Georgia's and she did not have an accident. However, she still has not used the potty, not even ONCE!!! I know you're thinking that this makes absolutely NO sense. Let me explain. She wore her panties from 8:00 until after nap. Georgia did everything except stand on her head to get Kamdyn to actually use the potty. Kamdyn will sit there all day long, but nothing EVER comes out. Then, Georgia put a diaper on her because she needed to run an errand. Kamdyn, of course, wet the diaper. She put the panties back on her when they got back home. Again, she did not wet them, but would not actually "use" the potty. I decided to be brave and let her ride in the car all the way home without a diaper. The entire way I prayed that she WOULD NOT wet in her car seat. We tried the potty again when we got home. Nothing! I told her we had to put a diaper on to go to dinner. She protested and said, "I DON'T WANT TO WEAR A DIAPER!" Thankfully, I convinced her, but explained to her that as soon as she started using the potty that she would not have to wear diapers again.
We have accomplished TWO major things today! One, she has always told me that she WANTS to wear diapers. Two, she has always wet her panties and/or pullup. I feel as if we are on our way! I am keeping my fingers crossed that by the end of summer she will be fully potty trained. I don't think that she fully understands the fact that she is in control of her bladder and bowels enough to "make" herself go. Keep your fingers crossed that this continues to go well!
Family Fun
2 years ago


2 comments:
GO KAMDYN! ONE DAY BY ACCIDENT PROBABLY IT WILL HAPPEN WHEN SHE'S SITTING ON THE POTTY AND THERE YOU GO - POTTY TRAINED!
I swear that child is McCanless made over! We went through the EXACT same thing. She wouldn't DARE wet those princess panties, but as soon as she had on a pull-up, she would go, but would never go "on command." I threw out the pull-ups after using about 5, and crossed my fingers. I told her she was not allowed to wear them and had to go in her panties if she didn't want to use the potty. It only took one time for her to wet them. She freaked out, and was potty trained! These little head strong girls are something else! Good Luck, Kamdyn. I know you can do it! Love, Kerri and McCanless
Post a Comment