Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Time Out

Georgia has been keeping two other children the past two weeks. They are her nieces two children. She is keeping them temporarily. They are precious children and have had a rough couple of year; however, one of them has to visit time out quite often because he is still adjusting to having a routine and rules. Kamdyn, being the observant child that she is, has decided that she wants to partake in some time out action......

Let me explain!

Georgia couldn't get Kamdyn to come to her as she was attempting to get ALL four children in the car the other day. No big deal at first. She would just get the other three in first and then get Kamdyn. Kamdyn, jokingly, still kept running away from her. Georgia said to Kamdyn, thinking this would get her attention, "Ok, Kamdyn, you're going to have to sit in time out when we get to the park for three minutes if you don't come." Our little stinker looked her straight in the face and said, "I like time out!" Yep, that's what she said. So, she enjoyed herself three minutes of time out while the other children played. Georgia said it didn't phase her a bit. OH MY!! What will I ever do with her???

In her defense, she has never really heard the term "time out" until now. If she cries a lot for no reason we will occasionally tell her to go to her room until she is finished crying. She will and only stays for about two minutes. Overall, she is a really well behaved child! I guess I just need to reinforce the fact that "time out" is not a good thing!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful, amazing stories. She is definitely a "little stinker". So independent - yea! Still so hard to believe she is so smart. Don't all grandmother's think they have the smartest baby?

Anonymous said...

My mom can commiserate with that. She tells me that when she threatened "time out" in my room, I would say fine I like my room - that's where all my books are anyway!

Abby

Jennifer said...

Just watch out baby number two will probably be the complete opposite ;)