Last night we took Kamdyn to see a wonderful exhibit. I must admit though, I was a little apprehensive. You just never know what to expect at places like this. I was impressed the second that we arrived. Everything was very organized! It was equipped with parking attendants; various ticket stands; short lines (we did go on a Monday night); and most importantly everything was decorated beautifully (not gaudy)!
Kamdyn was in love from the get go as soon as we drove up to Lights of the South. She couldn't wait to venture into the Gingerbread house. She was even excited to visit with Santa. I didn't make a big deal out of Santa for fear of her reaction. To our surprise, when it was her turn, she walked right up to him ALL by herself. She let him pick her up and put her on his lap. She had her picture taken with him and even gave us a "natural" smile instead of the BIG CHEESE!! Truthfully, I think she was a bit nervous because she was speechless. Anyone who has been around her for even a short period of time would not use an adjective such as speechless to describe her! In fact, she is quite the opposite! :) She told Santa one thing that she wanted, but we couldn't hear her. He asked her a few questions that she politely answered. He gave her a candy cane and we were off! We were so proud of our little sweetie and I was pleasantly surprised at the photo that they took. It was wonderful, which means I won't have to battle with the long lines at the Mall!!
Waiting in line to see Santa!
Posing with the Gingerbread Man!
Enjoying the Gingerbread House!
Next, we got in line for the hayride to view the lights! Again, we were in line for less than ten minutes. One tractor pulled up shortly after we got in line. We didn't fit on that ride, but another tractor pulled up in less than five minutes! Kamdyn LOVED looking at the lights. They had just about every scene that could possibly be illuminated with lights: Beauty and the Beast, Barney, Spongebob, Spiderman, Batman, Peter Pan, Disney Castle, Three Wisemen, Manger Scene, etc. Kamdyn goes on hayrides often at the tree farm with Georgia. To her the hayride wasn't a big deal; however, as we passed the manger scene Kamdyn said (yelled), "Baby Jesus! How about we sing Away in a Manger?" Everyone close to us (and not so close) heard her and thought it was the cutest thing. To say that she was amazed would be an understatement. The hayride lasted for about 30 minutes.
Kamdyn's "I'm sick of that camera" look!!
Peter Pan ship
Santa's sleigh flying from the rooftop.
Disney Princess Castle
After the hayride, we were off to Candyland. It was a wonderful outdoor play area for children which included this HUGE pink "dollhouse." Kamdyn was a little scared of the "bump bump" slide, but finally managed to slide down. They had a train, a tee pee, a climbing wall, etc. It was truly an event for everyone in the family. If you live in the Augusta area and haven't been, it is a fabulous place to visit especially for young children. The best part is that it is free for children under 5! It's $7.50 for adults. We loved it!!! As you can imagine, Kamdyn almost had a complete meltdown when we told her that we had to leave. I pacified her by promising her that we would go back. And, we will!!! It just won't be this year!! :)
Entrance to Candy Land
Playing on the train
Inside of Cinderella's stage coach!
Crying as she was about to go down the "bump bump" slide! I'm coersing her to go down!
The adorable pink doll house!
The tee pee!
Family Fun
2 years ago


4 comments:
That looks so cool! I wish we lived nearby!
There is no greater joy than to experience Christmas through the eyes of a child. Kamdyn brings such joy, laughter and happiness to all who know her. Thank you so much Kimberly for sharing her with us on this blog. Glad she and Santa were friends this year.
We are planning to take our Emma next week. Good to know that you had a great experience. Christmas sure is a lot more fun with a little one around:)
Oh, Kimberly~this place looks amazing! I wish I could go and see all those beautiful sites!
I was thrilled to read how much Kamdyn enjoyed it!
xoxo Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment