Okay, I am coming to grips with the fact that living on the River also means getting closer to nature and the wildlife. We have already captured a caterpillar. Bees are everywhere. I already have two mosquito bites on my ankes and it's just April. Last night, we were leaving the neighborhood on the way to Jazzercise and a deer was on the side of the road in our neighborhood. We stopped and it was practically face to face with Kamdyn in the back car window. They stared each other down for at least a minute before it ran off. This is a picture of a HUGE bird that we caught sitting on our dock the other day when we were on our way back from a boat ride. As long as I don't see a snake anytime soon (well, never would be great!), I will be fine!
Family Fun
2 years ago


2 comments:
We saw the family of deer when we left your house Friday Night. Absolutely no snakes, alligators or mosquitoes are allowed! Maybe you need to post a sign?
I hate to tell you...the day will come when you see a snake! Buy a cat! Outdoor cats are great! We have three. McCanless has also grown up knowing the names to various birds/reptiles/water animals, etc...it is so much fun! Lately, however, we have had to have more "heaven talks" because we have been finding lots of squished dead baby turtles (trying to cross the road) :( Oh, and buy bug spray!! Lots! Tiny, sweet legs get terribly eaten in the summer months!! (They make kid friendly, safe spray now) Have fun! Kerri
Post a Comment