I've always been a Kenny Chesney fan. It all started when my Mom and I had lunch with him through WSSL 100 in Greenville when I was a Junior at Clemson. He was just getting started back then and was opening for other "big" names. In fact, he was playing at the fairgrounds which was why he was in Greenville. I hate to admit that this was over 10 years ago!!! (YIKES, I'm getting old!) His new release was about to be, You Had Me From Hello. He played it for us that day while we were having lunch before anyone else had even heard it. I have been "hooked" on him since that day!
I have seen him 5-6 times now and I absolutely LOVE his shows! We went over to Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, SC to see him last night. Luke Bryan, Gary Allan, LeAnn Rimes, and Brooks and Dunn opened for him. They were fabulous, too! Well, except for the fact that LeAnn Rimes was wearing a Gamecock jersey. BOO! Unfortunately, Kenny broke his foot as he was making his grand entrance. Apparently, his foot got stuck between the lift that was supposed to lift him up and the stage. Everything went black for a second and the spotlight went off of him as he was attempting to work his foot loose from the lift. He was limping immediately, but surprisingly stayed out for the entire show. It was obvious that he was in pain and he was not his normal energetic self. He actually said during the show, "I've never done this with a broken foot." At that time he didn't know for sure that he had crushed some bones in his foot. The show was still great even though it wasn't "his best" and I was glad to be there. Click here if you want to read more about poor Kenny.
We went with my dear friend from work, Denise, and her husband, Al, along with their son, Dalton, and three of his friends. We had GREAT seats!!! Here are some pics from our fun night!




Family Fun
2 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment