Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday Boat Ride

Would you believe that since we had our dock installed, it has rained everyday? Unbelievable! I guess it was good because it gave us some time to actually attempt to get our house together. While we are still a good ways off from everything being "perfect," we are much closer this weekend than we were last weekend.

We finally took our boat out today. It was such a perfect day. Kamdyn was a complete doll. She didn't fuss once about having to keep her life jacket on. I explained to her that she had to wear her life jacket every time she was on the dock or in the boat. I told her that the life jacket would keep her safe. She accepted my explanation and was ready for the boat ride.

We rode a little ways down the River and showed her where her new park was. She, of course, wanted to stop. We docked the boat and set off for the park. Unfortunately, it was too wet to slide because of all of the rain we've been having. She enjoyed herself anyway! At least she has something to look forward to. I think part of her reservation to moving to this house was that she was having to leave the park from our old house. I think we cured that today! As we were headed back to the dock/boat, she said, "I have to put on my life dacket. It will teep me safe." Wow, she was listening!



Richard is excited by the fact that he can now ride his boat to
get his haircut, go to the bank, eat dinner, etc.


Kamdyn's new park from the water.


He really was letting Kamdyn drive the boat. Our
path was less than straight for most of the ride. :)






Here is Daddy coming back to get us. He left his shoes
on the dock at our house. He had to get them so he could
join us at the park.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nanny and Pop Pop know she is the smartest little girl in the world!
we hope she always remembers her life jacket, always -she is so absolutely beautiful. (Looks so much like her mommy at that age)

Denise said...

The next time I cross the bridge into SC, I'll look for the prettiest little Captain to ever drive down the Savannah River!

Anonymous said...

What fun. So many new adventures on the River. I love that smile on Daddy's face. Thanks, Kimberly for always being the photographer!
Enjoy your new home. Ruthie

Betsy Marchant said...

What fun! I can't wait to visit and get a boat tour!