Sunday, January 06, 2008

Princess Panties

Yes, I am more than determined to get Kamdyn potty trained! She got princess panties from Santa for Christmas. This morning she was talking about using the potty, so I asked her if she wanted to wear her Princess Panties. She said, "Yes, Mommy." I put on her panties and reminded her repeatedly that she COULD NOT pee pee in her pretty princess panties. Instead, she had to tell me when she needed to go potty! She said, "Okay, Mommy!" When I put the panties on her, something jumped inside of her because she began running around the house like a mad woman (see video below). I don't know.....maybe she felt free! :) At any rate, she kept the panties on for over two hours without having an accident. I asked her frequently if she needed to potty and she adamantly said, "NO, MOMMY, I NOT!" I started getting worried that she needed to pee pee, but was just scared to use the potty. Sure enough, I put her diaper back on and she wet it almost immediately. I tried to look on the bright side of things. At least she knew not to go in her panties even though she wouldn't go to the potty. We'll keep trying! This is progress, I think!

P.S. She is wearing her Clemson Tiger shirt in hopes of us beating the #1 ranked North Carolina Tarheels tonight in basketball!! Go Tigers!!



It's a long video, but worth watching her
run around acting crazy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kamdyn's growing so fast!! It's so hard to believe she'll be in 2 in just a few months! Kimberly, you do such a good job on keeping up-to-date on this blog!! I check often bc there's always something new! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Hey, we heard her finally say "3".
1-2-3 jump - Go Kamdyn - Love,
Nanny & Pop Pop

Lee Wilkes said...

I'm so impressed Kimberly...I am DREADING starting the potty training with Cambell! I remember how frustrating those days were with Parker and I am absolutely not ready to think about it yet! I have few months, but it will be here soon. Good luck with it...hang in there! (Try skittles as a reward everytime she goes in the potty-that's what Parker's 2K teachers did and the kids that were not trained really responded!)