Before I had a child, I used to think that I would NEVER let him/her watch Barney. He just irritates me. Boy, have I learned a lot! In all actuality, it truly is my fault that Kamdyn is now obsessed with Barney and his Christmas movie. I made the mistake of bringing home the Barney Christmas Movie from school thinking that Kamdyn would enjoy watching a Christmas movie. Little did I know that this movie would be on loop from that day forward. It's a VHS tape. She let's it play all the way to the end so that it rewinds on it's own and pops out of the VCR. Then, she knows how to push it back in and turn on the TV to watch it again! She almost has the entire movie memorized, songs and speaking parts, as does anyone who has stayed with her at our house over Christmas. It is crazy! How will I ever sneak it out of this house without her throwing a fit? Yes, we are still watching Barney and talking about Christmas even though I constantly remind her that Christmas is OVER! Today, when we got home, Kamdyn was singing Barney's "song" over and over again. She was also pretending like she was the little girl, "Hannah," on the movie by lying on the couch, covering up, and going to sleep while Barney sang his "song" to Hannah. I HAD to get it on video because she sounds so darn cute when she sings it (despite my dislike for Barney and his song!) :) My little actress!!!
Family Fun
2 years ago


3 comments:
How well Pop Pop & Nanny remember Barney. I thought maybe there was
something grown ups couldn't see that brainwashed children - she sure is fasinated with it - maybe because its singing/dancing with real children and she loves that so much! WAY TOO SMART!!!
hmmm...maybe you should try a different Barney tape...I have a few if you want to borrow one :)
Too cute!! Her Daddy was a fan of Kermit the frog ....
Post a Comment