Friday, November 07, 2014

North Carolina Zoo


On our way back from Winston-Salem we had Nanny and Georgia drop Karcie and Kamdyn off as they were headed towards I-85.  All of us were driving through Asheboro where the NC Zoo is.  I had the bright idea to go.  Richard originally thought it was a bad idea because it had been so cold the night before.  I talked him into it and it ended up being a perfect day.....not too cold, not too hot and it was a weekday so it was less crowded.

This was one of the best zoos that I've been to.  It was HUGE and all of the animals were practically in their natural habitats.  The animals had tons of space to roam and move around.  We loved it!!  Only problem with the animals having such big spaces to roam meant that we had to walk.  A LOT!!  Up and down hills.  

An added bonus was when Patrick found us at the zoo.  Surprise!!  I joked with him and told him that he must have been REALLY bored to join us.  :)  We were happy to have him though!

We took the stroller for Karcie, but she spent more time pushing it than riding in it.  I will never understand kids.  I wish someone had been pushing me!  She finally sat down to be pushed about the last 30 minutes of our trip.  

I'm glad Richard go to join us for this trip.  I had promised Kamdyn a trip to the zoo over track-out.  This was our last day and I was able to keep my promise!  But, barely!


Check out the alligator to the right of Kamdyn's shoulder.

This prompted my entire family to start saying, "Choot 'em, Lizabeth. Choot 'em!"

You can imagine who the funniest one saying that was!?!?!?

She kept pausing for photo opts.

She would says, "Take my picture here, Mommy!"

Beautiful leopard seals.

Chillin' in the igloo!

Love my big girl!!


Patrick picking Karcie up for a closer look.

Group photo.  Richard and Patrick look like they could be brothers. 

Checking out the antelope on the "plains."

This girl was asking some serious questions about this buffalo.

Questions like, "What this between it's legs, Mommy?"  "Um, I don't know, Karcie.  Ask your Daddy.  Or, Patrick!"  

Riding the stroller backwards. I think this was seconds before Richard dropped the entire stroller and Karcie hit the pavement.  YIKES!!

Bears!

Family photo.  Another reason why it was fun to have Patrick there with us....a photographer!

My little beauty sitting on a bee.

This ostrich was putting on a show for us with it's wings.

GINORMOUS, RHINO!!

Watching the rhinos on the look-out deck.

We stopped to see the chimpanzees.  We got tickled because one of their names was Terry and one was Ruthie. :)  Those were our two favorite chimps!

So much fun with my sweet family and Patrick!!

0 comments: