It seems like forever ago when we were at the lake. It was probably the last nice weekend of the season. We all needed jackets, but it wasn't freezing during the day quite yet. After looking at these photos, I'm itching to go back. It's so relaxing. The kids enjoy it and so do we! I think I enjoy it because our entire family is together for several days in a row without ANY distractions or commitments. I'm not sure how great it will be in the Winter though when they can't really get outside very much.
We made brownies one morning at 8:00 AM. Why not? I took the girls into Clarksville to shop around a bit. We stopped by McDonald's to pick up lunch and then went to the park for a picnic. The girls played for a while. The county was cutting down a bunch of trees that were obstructing the power lines. We enjoyed watching them and their machinery cut down massive trees. We rode on the golf cart. Richard fished and finally caught what he has been trying to catch in this lake. Halleujah!! He cleaned those fish and we had them for dinner one night. YUMMY!
The girls made stepping stones. They played by the shoreline of the lake skipping rocks and throwing rocks into the water. They loved wading in the water in their rain boots. Until we discovered that Karcie's old rain boots have a hole in the side. Whoops! She had wet feet, but didn't seem to mind.
The sunsets are breathtaking. I look forward to seeing them each night we are there. We have the best of both worlds.....country living part of the time and suburbia living the rest of the time. I'm glad that my girls get to experience both!
| Sweet sisters holding hands. |
| We did go on one boat ride. The girls thought that my hair was hilarious and decided to get a few pics of it. |
| Crazy hair!! |
| You can imagine how hard it was to get a brush through it later! UGH! |
| Thumbs up for two nice striped bass!! |
| Brave Kammie holding one of them. Karcie wanted nothing to do with holding them. |
| Mommy's turn! |
| Those things sure a slimy. |
| They were both curious to see him clean the fish. |
| They cut open the stomach and took out the bait that Richard caught the fish with. YUCK!! |
| Stepping stone making time! |
| I'm so glad her hair is getting long again. These piggies remind me of her when she was about four years old! Precious! |
| And this little thing....I just can't get enough of her. |
| Skipping rocks. |
| Walking on the shoreline. |
| Uh Oh!!! My feet are wet, Mommy!! |
| Another one of God's beautiful sunsets. Gracious reminders of Heaven and how wonderful it must be! |


0 comments:
Post a Comment