This was a bitter-sweet Thanksgiving for our family this year. It's the first that I've EVER spent without my Daddy. It's crazy how you take things for granted. You just always believe that things will be the same.....especially having your parents around for the BIG holidays and life events. God had other plans. Plans that I may never understand. I do know that my Daddy is so much happier where he is. God healed him. We miss him, but we do not miss seeing him suffer. God is Good!!
So, we had our little combined Thanksgiving. These are the times when I am so thankful that Richard and I both have small families. I love it! Richard and Kamdyn picked up Mama Lucy at the assisted living home early that morning. We were so thrilled to have her join us and I think she was thrilled to be there with us, too! Ruthie, Kathy, and Jim were there, too. We missed our Florida Terry Family and hope that they will be in town to join us next year. We are so thankful that Nanny agreed to host and prepare such a delicious meal. Aunt Kathy made a yummy broccoli casserole. The desserts were to die for. I ate red velvet cake for days!!
We have so much to be thankful for every single day. Nothing makes me more thankful than my family. We are so blessed!
 |
| Table 1 |
 |
| Table 2 |
 |
| A serious game of checkers between Aunt Kathy and Kamdyn. |
 |
| This globe ball packed tons of fun!! |
 |
| Mama Lucy with her Kamdyn. Kamdyn is Mama Lucy's baby. She's the great-grand that was lucky enough to spend so much time with Mama Lucy when she was little.......before we moved so far away. Kamdyn is our little old soul. I think that can be attributed to all the days that Mama Lucy spent rocking and holding Kamdyn when she was little. Kamdyn was so cute! She kept crawling up beside Mama Lucy so Mama Lucy could love her and put "creepy-crawler" on her. Precious!! |
 |
| And this little girl has taking a strong liking to Uncle Jim. They had the best time!! |
 |
| Richard with two of his favorite ladies. Love, love, love this photo!! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment