Kamdyn decided on a sleepover for her 8th birthday party. Without a real theme, I pulled out all of my decorations from years past and started decorating the entire week before the party. I found this to be a great perk of being a stay-at-home-mommy! I was able to do a little at a time instead of rushing like a mad woman the day of the party to get everything decorated. I even un-decorated a little bit at a time.
Kamdyn invited four girls to stay over. One ended up sick and couldn't make it. So, we had four girls total....five with Karcie. I was a bit nervous. Girls at this age can be a bit dramatic. I was determined for this to be a drama free party! The only way that could have been achieved was to keep them busy, busy, busy. That's just what I did!
I had balloons with different times on them. Inside each balloon was a piece of paper that told them what we were going to do next. They LOVED this! I think it was their favorite party of the party! They watched the clock in anticipation of the next balloon popping and activity. You know I LOVE a good schedule!! Our schedule was as follows:
Bowling
Pizza at home
Dance Party with Glow Sticks
Cake and Ice Cream
Open Presents
Craft Making
Watch Frozen on the Big Screen on 3rd Floor/Popcorn
Bedtime
We managed to squeeze all of that in so that the girls were in bed by 11:45.
Georgia embroidered shirts for the girls with a bowling logo along with each of their names. The shirts were so cute!! She even made one for ME!! :)
The girls were great! I was so pleased with how well all of them got along. Kamdyn said that it was her "best party EVER!" I even overheard a few of her friends say that it was the most fun that they had had at a birthday party! Yippee!!
*I am so glad that all went as planned. We had a minor party cancellation threat earlier in the week. I had to take Kamdyn to the doctor with a horrible sore throat. She was on an antibiotic for a couple of days prior to the party and was even feeling sick the day of. Thankfully, she was great by the time the party started!!
Her 8th birthday was a HUGE success. She has the sweetest little friends! I just can't believe that my girl is 8!! She even looks older! She continues to be such a ray of sunshine. She's still a rule-follower. She is meticulous and wants everything to be perfect. She is as sweet as can be. She loves to play outside. She is my girl and I am so proud of her!!
 |
| My smorgasbord of decorations! |
 |
| The infamous pink chair ties show up at almost every party! |
 |
| Decorating mode before all was cleaned up. We waited until the last minute to put helium in the balloons. |
 |
| My precious girl! |
 |
| Place cards! |
 |
| Posing with her gifts from family! |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Even Karcie had a place card! |
 |
| I decided to use Kamdyn's one year portrait for decoration. |
 |
| Goody Boxes with their shirts! |
 |
| Helping decorate! |
 |
| Cereal for the morning! |
 |
| Mason Jars for pink lemonade. |
 |
| Popping the first balloon! |
 |
| I LOVE her face!! |
 |
| Sydney and Ava were reading the note! |
 |
| Sweet, sweet girls! |
 |
| Have you ever seen a tiny bowler cuter than this? |
 |
| And check out those TINY bowling shoes!! |
 |
| Kamdyn was up first! |
 |
| Richard helped the girls the entire night! |
 |
| Karcie was hilarious, as you can imagine! |
 |
| Go Ball!! |
 |
| Ava |
 |
| Sydney |
 |
| The Winner was Karcie a.k.a Tater! Check out the scoreboard! |
 |
| Love this! |
 |
| Next balloon!! |
 |
| Pizza! |
 |
| Yummy! |
 |
| Dance Party! |
 |
| This was so cute! |
 |
| I turned off my camera flash so you could see the pretty glow sticks! |
 |
| I loved when they put their glow sticks around Kamdyn. |
 |
| We had a bit of a cake fiasco. Kamdyn wanted an ice cream cake. I ordered one from Baskin Robbins, but I thought it was WAY too small. So, we got this for an alternative and saved the BR one for her actual birthday. Now I know why I always get a fancy cake from a baker! |
 |
| It turned out cute! |
 |
| And it tasted delicious! |
 |
| A new basketball!! Mommy was just as excited about this gift as she was. We didn't have a girl's sized ball until now. |
 |
| Yay!! A skateboard from Nanny! |
 |
| Craft time! |
 |
| They colored cute little picture frames. |
 |
| Kamdyn and Ava |
 |
| Kamdyn and Sydney |
 |
| Kamdyn and Mia |
 |
| Kamdyn and her precious little baby sister! |
 |
| After all the balloons had been popped! |
 |
| All ready for bed in the guest room on the 3rd floor. |
 |
| Breakfast was cereal and cinnamon rolls! |
 |
| WE love some cinnamon rolls around here. |
 |
| While the girls waited on their Mom's to come get them, they play Just Dance. |
 |
| What a super ending to a fun party! |
2 comments:
Super Mom and Dad - Super Party - Super Kids - Super Decorations/Games - Super Kamdyn and Karcie - Happy Birthday to one special little girl! You are growing up way too fast.
What a GREAT party!!! Kimberly you are a perfect party planner!
Post a Comment