On Kamdyn's actual birthday, I took some photos of her before she left for school. I was AMAZED at how much older she actually looks compared to age 7! Where is my baby and that baby face??
Karcie and I had lunch with Kamdyn. We took her Chic-fil-A. Karcie loves going to Kamdyn's "big school." I had them dressed alike that day, so they got a lot of stares and compliments. They are not too big to dress alike just yet. I know it's coming, but for now, they both still like it!
Karcie and I also took cupcakes to her class during snack time. Kamdyn requested oreo cupcakes so that's just what she got! Her little class is so sweet! We enjoyed spending a few minutes with them. Karcie loved being a "big girl" and sitting at the table with Kamdyn and her friends.
That evening, we took Kamdyn to Ginza in Cary. She has been begging for years to go to a Japanese steakhouse where they cook in front of you. She is obsessed with the Food Network and thought this was the coolest thing she had ever seen. Our chef was quite entertaining. He kept her and Karcie laughing. She decided that next time she will order shrimp instead of chicken. She enjoyed my shrimp way more than her own chicken. :) Luckily, there is always plenty to share at those places.
When we got home after dinner, we dug in to her "original" Baskin Robbins birthday cake that I didn't think was big enough for the birthday party. I am sure it would have been fine. Ask Richard! He will be glad to tell you how much I was over-reacting. ;) Anyway, it was nice to have birthday cake left over for her actual birthday. She loved, loved, loved the cookies and cream ice cream and chocolate cake. I have to say, even though I'm not a big chocolate lover, it was pretty good!
I think our sweet girl enjoyed her day. We tried our best to make it special for her! I think birthdays are important especially when you are young. It's the only true day that is set aside for celebrating YOU!! We love you, Kamdyn Lucy and wish you many, many more!
 |
| She was rockin' the poses that morning! |
 |
| Karcie had to join in, but only wanted to make silly faces! |
 |
| Kamdyn was pointing at the camera trying to get Karcie to look. |
 |
| This was about as good as it was going to get! |
 |
| Lunch with Kamdyn. |
 |
| Snack with Kamdyn and her sweet friend, Emily. |
 |
| Kamdyn's sweet little class. |
 |
| Dinner with Daddy |
 |
| And Karcie and Mommy! |
 |
| Yay for Ginza! |
 |
| Tiny Baskin Robbins Cake. |
 |
| After bath, they couldn't wait for cake! |
 |
| Our girl is 8!!! So hard to believe! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment