Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beauty and The Beast

I took Kamdyn to see Beauty and The Beast at The Imperial Theatre yesterday. The musical was written and put on by Augusta's Storyland Theatre. It was rainy, 38 degrees, and FREEZING. We had to stand in line outside for 20 minutes or so to get tickets. They opened the box office at 2:15. The show started at 3:00. You had to buy your tickets yesterday and it was general admission.

Kamdyn was a little apprehensive about the The Beast! She wanted to sit in the balcony away from The Beast. She LOVED the show and so did I! It was perfect for little ones. The show was only an hour, but covered all of the main events. I foresee Kamdyn as a little actress on the stage one day. I want her to try out for a child's part in a play soon if I can locate one nearby. Even if she only plays a small part, I think she would LOVE it! She just gets so into these plays and sits as still as a pin while watching.

They announced that the actors would be in the lobby after wards if you wanted to brave the crowd and have pictures taken. I tried to talk Kamdyn out of it, but she INSISTED on seeing Beauty! She said, "Mama she just had the most beautiful voice!" How could I say no? So, we waited and pushed through the line and finally get to see Beauty and The Beast!

$10 was a small price to pay for a little culture even if we did have to stand in the cold rain for a while!

Kamdyn with the stage below!


Self portrait..... :(


Kamdyn's photo attempt.


The Beast, Kamdyn, and Beauty! Kamdyn got so hot sitting in the balcony. Look at her rosy cheeks!


Kamdyn with one of Beauty's sister's.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Thank you for exposing her to live theatre. There's nothing like it!
I hope see gets the "theatre bug" too.

Mom said...

I know who the real beauty's really were. Do you?

Anonymous said...

Of all the recent posts, Ruthie chose this one to comment on. That is as close to a sure bet as there is.

Jess said...

Cute, cute, cute!! She is getting SO big! I love her long hair!!
Glad she enjoyed the show!
Love and miss you!
~Jess