The older I get the more I realize how important "down time" really is. Before having Kamdyn, January always seemed like the most boring month of the year. Christmas would end. New Year's came and went. Family get-togethers were minimal. College football would pause for a few months. Friends would stay in their respective cities. And, I was always thinking.....What can we plan? What can we do next?
Now that I am a Mom, I am loving January! Although we are busy with our normal schedule, (work, school, dance, Jazzercise, basketball, church etc.) our weekends are OPEN!! There was absolutely nothing on the calendar for any of the weekends in January. February is looking pretty good, too!
A few things that I LOVE about these "nothing" weekends!
I love getting caught up on sleep.
I love a good afternoon nap.
I love spending time (without being in a rush) with Kamdyn and Richard.
I love getting things in my house organized.
I love not waking up with an alarm clock.
I love having to look for things to do.
I love staying in our PJ's ALL day on Saturdays.
I love having time to actually cook a family meal.
I love beating my husband in a "friendly" basketball game of HORSE!
I love my family and I love my life!
(Please remind me of this in the Fall when we are rushing to do laundry on Thursdays; packing our bags to leave on Friday immediately after work; loading the car with everything a 3 year old needs (and it's A LOT) for a calm two hour ride; sitting in a field for 12+ hours; cheering on our Tigers, just to return home on Sunday afternoon to go back to work on Monday morning!) It makes me tired just thinking about it. YAY for January!!
Family Fun
2 years ago


1 comments:
I'm glad you love your life and are happy,it makes me happy. But, I miss the trips home and getting to baby sit Kamdyn. If Daddy can stay well long enough at our house, I'd like to have her for a weekend so ya'll can really enjoy yourself together. Sleep well, Love well.
Post a Comment