Richard was in New Jersey the week after Holly and Matthew's wedding. Denise, Ana Blake, Kamdyn, and I took off to the beach. We were so excited to get away for some fun, sun, and relaxation prior to school starting back. We had such a great time! I hope we can make this an annual girls summer vacation. Believe it or not, Kamdyn's first hotel stay occurred all in one week. We spent the night in the hotel during the wedding and then at Myrtle Beach. I wasn't sure how she would sleep with everyone in one room. She continues to surprise me with how well she adapts to new situations. She is such a blessing and is so easy.......well, most of the time! :)
This was our first stop after we were told that our room wasn't ready.....Friendly's. This is a diner that my friend Jessica and I used to go to in New York. I took a little trip down memory lane! :) Remember Jess? We went to the one in the Galleria Mall in White Plains.
Ana Blake and Kamdyn
Our first day on the beach.
It was a little over cast, but the sun peeked through just enough. The rest of the days were perfectly sunny all day! We couldn't have asked for better weather.
AB and Kam in front of Hard Rock Cafe at Broadway at the Beach. These are two precious girls!
Denise and I in front of Hard Rock. We enjoyed our dinner for the night even if it took 40 minutes before getting seated. Kamdyn had one little meltdown, but I quickly got her back in check.


Watching the waves roll in.
Relaxing in the sand and water.
Sitting the water collecting sand in her swim suit! :)
She was getting brave in the ocean.
Kamdyn was so AWESOME! She took her nap on this lounge chair under the umbrella each. I got some much needed relaxation time with my book and the sun!
Kamdyn and Ana Blake at the Dixie Stampede.
Kamdyn and I at the Dixie Stampede.
Waking up from her nap in a good mood. How could you wake up in a bad mood when your first sight is the beach and ocean?
Self portrait!
Kam and AB
AB was so great at entertaining Kamdyn.
They were jumping the waves.
Now on to building sandcastles.
Kamdyn loved the sand.
Sweet!
Smile for me!
Here is Kamdyn's sandcastle. She even thought to put the stick in there all by herself for decoration. :)
Kamdyn was proud of her sandcastle. We need better sand castle buckets next time.
AB and Kamdyn at the seafood restaurant. YUMMY!
Kamdyn and I waiting to be seated.
Denise and Ana Blake on our last night out at the beach. BOO!
Family Fun
2 years ago


3 comments:
Great vacation! I am totally jealous and am DYING to put my toes in teh sand!
Kim, I've been noticing something different about you in your recent pictures and finally figured out - it's your hair! It looks really great at that length!
Money very well spent! As long as I'm alive, I say make it an annual event too. You are ALL absolutely gorgeous GIRLS. Such memories you are making Kimberly. I hope Richard will be able to go on one too!!!!!
Thank you for taking the time to let your Daddy and I share in your life. We miss you so much! Brings back a lot of memories about our wonderful family vacations when you were little.
Post a Comment