Whew! What a busy week! I always forget how hard it is to get back in to the swing of things after being off the entire summer. Getting up at 6:00 and not getting home until almost 5:00 is a LONG day!! It's amazing how fast the time goes by when we are on such a busy schedule. It seems as if we don't have time for much of anything especially during the week; however, we did survive our first week as busy as it was!
Kamdyn was delighted to be back at Georgia's house with Jacob everyday. I wasn't nearly as delighted as she was about resuming our "normal" life. My class seems to be really good this year. It's just so darn hard getting those little 4-year-olds into a routine. I mean, we have to teach them EVERYTHING!!! Getting down the hall in a line the first day of school is a complete disaster! By Friday, we at least had a wiggly "line." I had a couple of children who were "trying" me, but I have already pretty much gotten control of those two. It's bad to have to make phone calls to parents the first week of school because of undesirable behaviors, but I have to do what I have to do to keep our classroom under control. I can't tolerate disrespectful children especially the first week of school. I mean, they don't even know me yet!! Each week gets better and eventually I won't even remember the struggles that we went through at the beginning of the year. :)
I can't even imagine how busy September is going to be with 4 out-of-town weekends to go to the Clemson football games!! I've been trying to "turn over a new leaf" and not get so stressed about all of the little things. I'm trying to let some things go and not freak out when things are not PERFECT (i.e. house cleaned, laundry done, etc.)!! To be continued............
Family Fun
2 years ago


3 comments:
I remember how frustrating the first week of school can be. I would always remember how my students were at the end of the year. Funny how you forget how much you have to do that first week. I'm sure it is even more frustrating with four year olds!
I'm sure you will be able to keep things going just fine. Lets try to get the girls together when life calms down a little for you! I know when will that happen:)
I've been wondering how school has been. You must have the patience of a saint to work with 4 year-olds... 6 weeks @ camp is more than enough for me... I'm ready for my 7 year-olds =)
Have a great year!
xoxo
Jess
I love reading your stories about your classroom. I remember those first couple of weeks with the four year olds all too well. Makes me miss it :) See you at the games in September!
Post a Comment