Ruthie came to our house on Monday morning to pick Kamdyn up to take her to visit Mama Lucy until Tuesday! Richard and I got to experience what it used to be like before our lives were overtaken by our sweet little girl. To be honest, we were a little bit bored that night.
When I got home from work, which was early because I didn't have to do my drive around Augusta to pick up Kamdyn, we talked for a little while. We decided that we should go to dinner since we had a "kid free" night. I even skipped Jazzercise to indulge on a wonderful dinner. I had a gift card to Olive Garden from my birthday so we took advantage of the opportunity. We had such a nice dinner and great conversation. Believe it or not, our conversation didn't center around Kamdyn as it usually does.
When we got home the Internet was down. Oh my gosh!! What were we supposed to do without Internet and our baby? We talked some more. I did laundry, made lunches, ironed clothes for the next day, and relaxed a little bit. We even got to sleep 30 minutes later on Tuesday morning. While all of this was nice, I missed my baby girl even if it was just for a night.
She greeted me yesterday afternoon when I got home from work with a big, "M-O-M-M-Y!" She screamed my name as she ran into my arms. Our busy life began immediately!But, oh, how I LOVE IT!!!
Family Fun
2 years ago


3 comments:
Date night is fun for a little while
but it's always great to get our "babies" back home!It's been quiet for me waiting for Al to pick up Ana Blake and now I'm waiting for my 16 year old baby Dalton, to come home from rehearsal in "the big red truck"! Oh what bliss to have your "angels" come home!
I'm glad to hear that you and Richard were able to have some quality time together amongst yourselves. Hearing the excitement of your child's voice is priceless, I'm sure!
xoxoxo
As "Kenny" says - "Don't Blink" - time goes by sooo fast.
Post a Comment