Sunday, August 17, 2008

Clinic

Unfortunately, when Nanny and Pop Pop were getting ready to leave yesterday, Kamdyn started complaining of an ear ache. I took her temp and she did have a slight fever, but less than 100. She was restless during her nap, but actually fell asleep on my shoulder in the living room after I gave her some Tylenol. She NEVER does this with me! She always wants to get in her bed. I knew something was going on because she was lethargic and just not herself. Thankfully, she slept through the night and even slept late which gave us a couple more hours of sleep. When she woke up, she still wasn't quite herself. I decided to go on to the grocery store while she stayed with Richard. When I returned she was still just lying around. I decided to go ahead and take her to the after hours clinic that is at her doctor's office. Richard will be out of town this week and I can't miss a day of work since school is just starting.

We got there promptly at 1:00 and there was already a line of sick children. We were 5th in line and it took us exactly 2 hours to get in and out of there. I was freaking out with all of those sick children around Kamdyn. One came in carrying a bucket. Apparently, he had a stomach virus. Another child sounded like he had croup. I was drowning her hands in hand sanitizer.

Kamdyn didn't have a fever, but the doctor said she did have an ear infection. She couldn't see down in her ear drum without hurting Kamdyn, so she prescribed her some antibiotic ear drops. She told me that she should be feeling much better by tomorrow. My intuition was correct!! My sweet baby girl doesn't complain about hurting unless she really is; however, she kept saying, "I otay, Mommy! I don't need to see Dr. Foushee." I always second guess myself when trying to decide whether or not to take her to the doctor. I feel so relieved that I did! One less worry and stressor for the week!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Poor baby. I'm glad you were able to get some antibiotics for Kamdyn before the week begins. Hope you feel better, Kamdyn!

Anonymous said...

Nanny's poor baby. I knew she wasn't her normal self - but should be feeling better soon. She is so smart and fun to be with and we love her so much!

Jess said...

Mommy's intuitions are almost always correct (from what I hear!) I hope Kamdyn is feeling better by now!
xoxo
Jess