Kamdyn has been particularly interested in ballet since watching the little girls on one of her Barney movies do ballet. She will twirl around the floor with her hands over her head. She will hold on to something and lift her leg and she will try to curtsy. So cute!
So, I called a few dance studios here in North Augusta to see at what age they begin their little girls. Most of them said 3 depending on the child. I told them that she would be 2 1/2 on October 1st and that she was completely potty trained. I also told them that I think she is completely ready for dancing. She is a very good listener and is eager to please (as long as it's something that she wants to be doing!). The owner said, "Go ahead and bring her. It sounds like she is ready. We'll just try her and see how she does!" We begin ballet and tap the Wednesday after Labor Day. Keep your fingers crossed!
Along with dancing comes all of the "gear" that goes with it. Today, Kamdyn and I set out to find tap shoes, ballet shoes, leotards, and tights. We succeeded with all, but did have a difficult time finding actual dancing tights in her size. We got a few regular pairs of white and black tights until I find some dancing tights.
Here is our little ballerina in action. She HAD to try on her clothes as soon as we got home. I had to remind her that we DO NOT wear tap shoes inside on our hardwood floors. So far, so good! She wouldn't stop "dancing" long enough for me to get a good photo which is why most of them are blurry! I can't wait to see how she does on her first day.
I have to admit my excitement, too! These "girly" things are right up my alley! This is just one of the many reasons that I am SO thankful that we had a girl first!




Family Fun
2 years ago


5 comments:
How the years fly! The one looking over her shoulder holding onto the sofa looks so much like you when you were her age. A double dose of love. Love to be a fly on the wall for the first lesson
Oh Kimberly! Kamdyn is growing up sooo quickly! I wish I lived closer to you so I could watch her grow in person. =) I'd love to be doing these 'girly' things w/ a daughter, too! Can't wait to hear how the first lesson goes =)
Being in dance class will fit Kamdyn to a (T).She will be a womderful Ballerina.
Thats wonderful not womderful.I tried to type without my glasses(LOL)
Your life is beginning to be so full of fun and excitement as Kamdyn begins dancing and other activities!I know you'll enjoy the ball games and such too if you have baby #2 and it's a boy!
Post a Comment