We finally got to enjoy the jet ski this weekend. Richard was feeling much better and decided that I needed to make my debut on the jet ski. Can I tell you how different these stand up jet skis are from the "normal" sit down ones? He had me a nervous wreck before I even got on the thing. He was trying to help, but there are just some things that you can truly only learn by doing them yourself. My thighs were shaking as I attempted to balance myself and get used to it by starting out on my knees. I did eventually get brave enough and stand up on it; however, he neglected to take a picture of me actually riding it correctly. I admit that I did fall a few times while standing. It's really hard to turn and keep your balance and I even consider myself to have really good balance. Oh well! I guess not in this particular sport! :)
The funniest fall was when I attempted to wave at another boat passing by. I contemplated waving back because I didn't want to seem rude, but decided that I could possibly attempt to stay on and control it with one hand! WRONG! When I let go with the left hand to wave, for some reason I gripped on with the right hand much harder accidentally pushing the throttle. Then, I let go of the throttle much too quickly which sent my weight forward causing me to loose my balance. Yep, you guessed it! I tumbled over while watching the people in the boat that I was attempting to wave at reenact my fall. How embarrassing!! I did have fun though and it got a little easier with each time that I rode it. I think I'll have it down by the end of the summer. Richard is already jumping wakes and riding at a speed that alarms me. He assures me that it took him a week to feel comfortable on it. I'm not sure I'll ever feel comfortable enough going that fast while standing on my feet! We shall see!
That little spec is me!
Yes, I'm still on my knees! I promise that I did stand up!
Look at the "pro!"
Check out the contraption that Richard built to get the jet ski in and out of the water. He really amazes me with that engineering brain of his! A couple of random people have actually stopped at our dock to check out this invention! Also, notice the flotation device on his hat!! :)

Family Fun
2 years ago


2 comments:
I can't help it if you are a grown woman with a husband a child - it still makes me nervous. That stinker Richard just aggs it on aggravating me too! However, you did a good job and Richard, you go way too fast.
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the invention photos. He has an amazing mind .... it sparkled at an early age ...
What's up with the hat thingy?
Ruthie
Post a Comment