Monday, March 31, 2008

We MOVED! (sort of)

We are now officially "living" in our new house. Our furniture is in place; however, we have a long way to go before we are actually settled. I never realized how much stuff one can collect over the course of 5-7 years. YIKES!! I feel like the "rug has been pulled out from under my feet." While we are a little upside down right now, it was so nice just to sit back on our new sofas last night and watch a little TV while watching the river flow. A nice calming feeling came over me last night, one that I just can't explain. I've been waiting on this "feeling" for a few weeks now because I have just been so uptight about everything. I now know that everything is going to be fine. Things truly do have a way of working out whether it's on our timeline or not. I feel so blessed to have this new house and such a great family! It has been a lot of work and has been stressful at times, but I know that it is going to be well worth it!

We must give thanks to Matthew and Holly for all of their help. Uncle Jim and Aunt Kathy brought our new sofas to us from Greenville on Saturday. What a big help that was! Ruthie came to visit yesterday and treated us to lunch. We needed that nice break, too!

Lastly, our sweet Baby Kamdyn did so well during all of the commotion. She was with us through the entire process. On Friday night, she kept saying, "I want to go home." I kept having to explain to her that this was our new house and we would not be going back to our old house. It finally started to sink in and yesterday, several times. she said, "I like my new house, Mommy." She slept well all three nights. What a blessing! She is such an easy baby and adjusts to everything so quickly. She is truly a gift from God!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's continued blessing on you three very special people!