Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Kamdyn was so pitiful last night. I didn't know what to do to make her feel better and I felt so helpless. Her fever continued despite the Tylenol. All she wanted to do was lay down and sleep. Around 11:00pm I checked on her and she was in a sweat filled bed. I breathed a sigh of relief because I knew that my sweet baby's fever had "broke." I checked her temp and it was 98.6 exactly. I gave her a little apple juice and she slept until 7:30 this morning without a peep all night. I was also able to get some rest knowing that her fever was gone!

Today, she is still a little irritable and is not feeling 100%; however, she is fever free and that has made a big difference in her. She is actually talking, singing, and playing much more today. I've enjoyed being home with her and taking care of my sweet baby girl! Thanks for all of the well wishes. I think I needed them more than she did! Actually, I think I just needed a nerve pill! ;)

Tomorrow, I'll be back to work and she'll be back at Georgia's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those antibiotics are magic. Emma did the same thing over Christmas and I know exactly how you felt with her being so sick. I cried though our visit to prompt care. They are so pitiful when they are sick and all you want to do is make them feel better. Poor baby. That was Emma's first antibiotic too and it took a matter of an hour for her to go from pitiful to her normal busy self again. So glad you get to stay home with her today. Hope you all feel better.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Little Kamdyn!