Monday, February 04, 2008

Peanut Butter and Toes DON'T MIX!

I know you are expecting to see an adorable funny picture of Kamdyn with her toes summerged in a jar of peanut butter! Sorry to disappoint you. This is a traumatic story that happened to me last night that effected Kamdyn somewhat.

I was trying to get ahead with my typical "school night" schedule by making my lunch early. WRONG!!! I should have known not to deviate from "THE SCHEDULE!!" :) After making my sandwich, I was attempting to get a Ziplock bag out of the pantry to put my sandwich in. My elbow accidentally hit a stack of Solo cups which caused an avalanche in my pantry. Thank God Kamdyn was not standing in front of me nosing around in the pantry the way that she normally does. She was standing beside me instead. The avalanche caused me to high step around, but apparently my high stepping wasn't enough. Suddenly I felt the most excruciating pain I have ever felt on my toe. I look down and a full plastic jar of peanut butter from the TOP SHELF had fallen on my foot. Plastic, you say???? Yes, a plastic jar, that felt like a bowling ball. I am convinced had it been a can that it would have cut my entire toe off. I hit the floor grabbing my foot and Kamdyn immediately starts screaming (I wanted to scream/cry like a baby) to the top of her lungs while saying, "Are you otay, Mommy? Mommy, it's otay." Then, she runs to solicit help from her Daddy in the other room. He, of course, doesn't move and thinks we are both overreacting, as we sometimes do (we're girls!)! He finally comes to look and realizes that mine and Kamdyn's screams were justified. "OUCH" and "How did that happen," he says.

I take my sock off to reveal a slice of my toe completely taken off as well as a toe the size and color of a plum. I run to the bathtub to put Peroxide on it and then it starts gushing blood. YUCK!! I've never had a broken toe, but this is what I would imagine it to feel like. I taped my hurt toe to my pinky toe and I put tennis shoes on this morning thinking it would feel okay. HUH! Not so....you don't realize how much you need ALL of your toes in order to walk normally. How crazy I looked as I walked in to school today.

I will spare you a gory picture because I know you get the point. I did send a pic to my Mom though. :)

The moral of the story for me ........STICK TO YOUR SCHEDULE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby - let Kamdyn kiss that little toe well!

Anonymous said...

It is especially hard not to say certain words when those things happen. Sorry to hear that happened, will definitely watch for the peanut butter in my pantry.

Amy Wallace said...

Oh Man...I feel your pain. It is amazing how much we use that big toe huh?