I am so blessed to have one of the most thoughtful, genuine friends in the world. Her name is Denise and she works with me at my school. Anyone who knows her or who has simply met her will wholeheartedly agree with everything that I am about to say. For those of you who do not know her, I hope you have a "Denise" in your life.
She is the busiest lady that I know. She teaches Kindergarten full time and never misses a beat! She has two children - Dalton and Ana Blake. Dalton just started high school and Ana Blake just started middle school. They are involved in every activity imaginable. Denise stays in the road with them and is such a wonderful mother! Did I mention, that she always has a smile on her face no matter how stressed she may be? As you would guess, her children are perfect, too. They are the sweetest, most well mannered, well rounded children I have ever met. When I "grow up" I want to be just like Denise. No matter what she has going on, she remembers everything for everybody. I don't know how she does it! I also want Kamdyn to grow up to be just like her children. I tease her and say that I am going to send Kamdyn off to live with her until she is a teenager so she will turn out like Dalton and Ana Blake.
In saying all of that, yes, her children are just as thoughtful as she is. Ana Blake decided that she wanted to buy Kamdyn a special Christmas shirt. She sent it to work by Denise and explained to Denise that Kamdyn HAD to have it now so that she could wear it before Christmas. This is Kamdyn wearing her special shirt from Ana Blake. Kamdyn loves Ana Blake. As soon as she opened it she said, "I put my arm in it!" We put it on her and we immediately called Ana Blake to thank her. Kamdyn said, "Hey Ana Blake! Taint you for my shirt!" So sweet!
I only hope that I can someday be as good of a mother as Denise is to her children. And I especially hope that Kamdyn turns out to be as sweet and well mannered as Ana Blake and Dalton!
Oh yeah! I didn't forget about you, Al! Their Dad is just as nice and thoughtful! He saved my school year this year by making sure that I had air on the first day of school. What would I do without the Turner family?
So Kamdyn wasn't so happy to have her picture taken.
It was 7:00am and I was rushing her out the door and
trying to take her picture. Angry eyebrows!
What did I expect?

We tried again when we got home. Daddy was
aggravating Kamdyn trying to make her say,
"cheese." She was having NONE of that!

In this pic, Kamdyn was trying to convince me
not to go to Jazzercise. She says, "I don't want
Mommy to go exercise!"


4 comments:
Nanny is so proud you have Denise, Al, Anna Blake and Dalton as your
"new" family - they are every bit as nice as you say - the shirt is precious.
At one point a few years ago, when asked what Mommy does (as in work) McCanless would answer, "go to robics." (aerobics) A great memory that I had forgotten about until I read this entry!
Isn't it nice to have someone like that in your life? I have someone like that at work too and I call her my angel.
Kimberly what a beautiful home you have! Denise told me about your dilemma that you are having with the rails. Densie and I agree you should have black wrought iron around the porch and down the staircase.
Yes, I agree with the things you that you have said about the Turner Family! We were blessed to live near them for many years. Kids running around the yard, cooking suppers together and just sitting outside. I cherish those memories always! Sandy
Post a Comment