Friday, December 28, 2007

First Trip to the Beach

Can you believe that Ruthie lives only a few miles from the beach and Kamdyn is 21 months old and has not seen the beach or the ocean? Me either! What is even more amazing is that we were able to go in late December and it wasn't freezing cold. It was 70 degrees and people even had swim suits on at the beach! Kamdyn LOVED it!! She loved digging in the sand, throwing the sand, and running on the beach. She kept saying, "I get in the water." I explained to her that the water was too cold, but that we would come back this summer and swim in the ocean. She was content with my response and went back to finding seashells, digging in the sand, and throwing the sand. As stated in a previous post, I am not a fan of dirt, but especially not SAND!!! It was all I could do to watch her pick up the sand. It was all under her fingernails and I couldn't get it off of her hands once we got back to the car. I also had it all over my clothes and hands. Oh well! It was a wonderful experience despite my phobia of sand. Kamdyn had a wonderful time!





0 comments: