Friday, December 14, 2007

Mommy Transformation

I must say that I absolutely LOVE being a Mom. It was really tough those first few months and some days are still better than others; however, it is such a rewarding feeling. It's like nothing that I've ever experienced before. Each new day with Kamdyn is so amazing! She is a little sponge that soaks up everything that she sees and hears (most things good, but some things bad). She never ceases to amaze me, especially with all of the new words that come out of her mouth daily. Her newest word(s) is "Salt Lake City." Richard was there this week and she continues to talk about Daddy being in Salt Lake City and how she wants him to come back home.

I think back to Kamdyn's first words, "da da" and "ma ma." We were SO excited to hear these precious sounds! She babbled those words for about a month. Once she figured out that she could form words with her mouth, she really exercised this skill. I don't think she has stopped talking since! We joke now about the reason for her having colic. We say that as soon as she came in to this world, she wanted to be walking and talking just like the rest of us. It made her mad, so she cried for 6 weeks straight!

From "ma ma" and "da da," we turned in to Mommy and Daddy. My favorite sentence to hear her say has always been, "I love you, Mommy." There is nothing in the world that makes me feel better, especially when she says it out of the blue like when we are driving in the car. My heart truly overflows! Recently, I have noticed her calling me "Mama!" She will say, "No, Mama," "Ok, Mama," etc. But, I don't think I'm ready to be Mama. That sounds so grown up! I am happy with being Mommy. She is simply growing too fast and that's the bottom line. What to do?

From "ma ma" and "Mommy" to "Mama," I guess I'll be happy no matter what. Hopefully she'll wait a LONG while on sounding like a teenager with an attitude saying "MOM!" She's my little sweetie and I can't think of anyone else that I would rather be than Kamdyn's ma ma, Mommy, Mama, Mom or whatever. I guess I already dread the day when she becomes Mommy independent.

2 comments:

Lee Wilkes said...

I know the feeling Kimberly! Parker calls us "mom" and "dad" way too often. I too want to continue to be mommy for a long time! They are truly God's greatest gifts! She is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I hear a little attitude stricken, "MOM" quite often these days from my almost 4 year old! They do grow up way too fast! Thank goodness, I have my Mary Clare to do it all over again...hint, hint! ;)