I can hardly stand it when I think of how quickly this journey is going. My first baby started 5th grade and it literally seems as if she JUST started Kindergarten. She was a bit nervous for this year to begin, but she has had a phenomenal year so far. Her teacher is wonderful and she has a great little class. I am so proud of this girl. So proud that my heart could literally burst. She got her first quarter report card this week which was filled with glowing grades. But what makes me happier are the comments that the teacher included about Kamdyn.
Mrs. Barton's Comments
"Kamdyn is an excellent student. She has worked hard and excels in all subjects. Kamdyn is a model student. I can always depend on her to set a good example for the rest of the students. It is a pleasure having her in my class. Kamdyn is consistently polite to adults and peers in and out of the classroom. She has had a terrific quarter. Keep up the wonderful things that you are doing."
When these first day photos were taken, we had no idea where this 5th grade journey would lead us. Kamdyn was nervous about not having any friends in her class. In hindsight, it has truly been a blessing for her to be in Mrs. Barton's class. When I read her comments on the report card, my eyes immediately filled with tears. Kamdyn said, "Why are you always crying?" All I could say to Kamdyn was that I was super proud of her grades, but way more proud of her kind and beautiful heart. For all the things I have done wrong as a Mom, certainly these words help me see that I have done so much more right! I can't take all of the credit though because her Daddy is a pretty awesome Daddy!
Kamdyn Lucy, you will never, ever go wrong by doing the right thing and being kind to others. I hope you will always remember to be yourself and let your beautiful light shine. I love you, sweet girl!


0 comments:
Post a Comment