Have I mentioned how much I love, love, love how this county allows Kindergarten students to come only one day the week before school officially starts for them? They are all assigned a day, Monday through Thursday as their "day." They go into a classroom with a few teachers. The teachers observe and assess them. THEN, after all of the children have had their staggered entry day, the teachers divide the students into classes based on gender, race, academic ability, behavior, etc. It's genius!! It's perfect for the kids because it gives them an introductory day. It's perfect for the teachers because the kids are equally distributed among classes based on important information. On Friday, the kids and parents get to meet the teacher. I can't say enough about how organized and wonderful this process was for getting my girl ready for her big day.
We were given Thursday....this was her first "unofficial" day of school before we knew who her teacher would be.
She begged to ride the bus home, but she had gymnastics that afternoon promptly at 4:30. She rocked that, too. I just knew that she would be exhausted and not very cooperative. Karcie is full of surprises!!
I will be honest and admit that as soon as I turned around to leave her in the classroom, I bawled my eyes out. I had to put on my sunglasses in the building. I sat in my car and got myself together before I could pull off. Luckily, I was on my way to Jazzercise so it kept my mind off of it. I couldn't wait to go pick her up!! She had a great day!


0 comments:
Post a Comment