GWL is one of our favorite family outings each year. I will have to say that this year was my favorite trip to GWL so far though. Karcie was FINALLY able to ride the big slides and I no longer had to sit beside her in the pee kiddie pool the entire time!
We rolled up to the GWL right after lunch in Concord. The nice little lady at the desk informed me that we had been upgraded to a Kid's Camp room. Y'all know we ain't splurging $50 to pay for that in the Terry household. I was so excited for my kids. They beg for the bunk beds each year, but we always so no. I thought I would get an eyeball roll from my husband when I told him that we were upgraded for free. I know he secretly thought I had been the one to suggest and purchase the upgrade. Seriously though, this chick made my day and my sweet little K girls' day!!
I was hoping they wouldn't realize that we had an upgraded room until we walked in, but my smart Kamdyn noticed that the door said "Kids Camp." They jumped on their beds immediately!!
Shortly after, we jumped into our swimsuits and hit the water park. That Karcie got on every single slide multiple times! She wasn't tall enough to ride the Howling Tornado, but I think that might have scared the bathing suit bottoms right off of her. It scares me to death, but I ride it multiple times every year!
These kids wanted to hop across these lily pad thingys at least a million times. I mean, all of this fun stuff here and they wanted to jump on lily pads. I don't get it!?!?
We stayed at the waterpark until about 6:30. We took showers while Richard got us a pizza downstairs. After pizza we made our way to the clock-tower show and story-time. Kamdyn was a bit bored saying she was too old, but was forced to stay because her baby sister loves this!!
Last was the arcade. $20-$30 per kid on these crazy arcade games for them to win 300 tickets and come away with a 5 cent piece of candy and toy. Not a good deal! But they love it so we do it every time we go.
We were also awarded a late check out because we were repeat visitors. We got up early the next morning and hit the water park again. Richard had work to do so I was with the girls a good portion of the morning. We did make Karcie sit in a chair at the bottom of the Howling Tornado so Kamdyn and I could ride together. Surprisingly, she never moved....I could see her the entire time, Nanny, from the stairs while we were waiting in line.
As evidenced by the last picture of Karcie, we had a great time! GWL will tire you out! Can't wait until next year!
| "See my five cent toys, Mommy!" |


0 comments:
Post a Comment