Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Karcie and SCISSORS?!?!?!?

Karcie came home the other day from school with a cut-out construction paper square.  As she showed it to me, she told me in a very matter-of-fact tone, "Mommy, Mrs. Jennifer let me cut with scissors.  I told her that you don't LET me cut with scissors.  She told me to tell YOU to LET ME cut with scissors at home!"  Uh huh!  Is that right, Karcie?

It's true.  I've been hesitant to give Karcie scissors.  Who knows what she will cut?  I shutter to think about it.  But she HAS to learn some how.  SOOOO, we went over scissor safety rules.  I told her that she is to ONLY cut paper.  She may ONLY use the scissors at the bar.  And, she can ONLY use the scissors if I'm watching.  She actually does very well cutting.  Her fine motor skills are pretty accurate for a child of her age. She's even a lefty!  Now if I could just get her to learn those doggone ABC's!! GRRR!!







0 comments: