This was the first weekend that we had been back to visit Nanny since my Daddy died. It was hard being there without seeing him. My Mom is getting ready to have the house redone. She is trying to figure out how to arrange new furniture that she wants, etc. On Sunday, I rearranged my Mom's current living room furniture while she was taking a shower and Richard was playing with the girls in another room. I found a note that was on the mantle that used to be attached to one of her antique tables. The note was written by my Grandmother, my Daddy's Mom, stating who the table originally belonged to. Then, my Daddy had written a short note to me telling me that it was mine and signed it "Love, Dad." I cried for a long time as I moved furniture. I have no idea when he wrote the note. My Mom said she didn't know it was there either. It made me happy to get it, but sad at the same time. It was kind of a reminder that he is still with us even though he is gone from this Earth.
Gosh, I just wish things could have been different. I watched a Grandfather pick his preschooler up at Karcie's school the other day. As I was waiting in line to get Karcie, tears fell from my eyes. Such sadness thinking that my Daddy never got to do those things. He was sick pretty much from the time that Kamdyn was born.
Anyway, I think my Mom enjoyed having us all there. I know that the girls loved being there. They played and kept Nanny busy. They played Play-Doh, they painted, they colored, they played tea party, babies, etc. I bet Nanny got some good sleep when we left!!
On Sunday, we took a trip to Cracker Barrel before we all went in our different directions. Richard went back to Aiken. Nanny went home. And, the girls and I hit the road for our FOUR hour drive. Driving solo with kids for that amount of time is not for the impatient. We also had two flies that decided to accompany inside the car. That made for some screaming along the way! Grrr!!
We play to try to make it to all of the home games this year. Hopefully I survive all of the four hour drive to and from with my little precious girl! Thanks for having us, Nanny! We will see you in two more weekends! WE love you!!
| Our little lefty! |
| Picking out colors with Nanny. |
| Rocking at Cracker Barrel with Nanny! |
| You see where they get it from? I said, "Look at me. Everybody smile!!" |
| Surprisingly, Karcie was the ONLY one who really listened!! |


2 comments:
It was wonderful to have you all home. Looking forward to other weekends.
Wow, Kimberly! Although I know it made you sad, how neat was it that YOU were the one to find the note! I think that was your dad letting you know that he is okay and that he still loves you very much!
Post a Comment