Monday, September 01, 2014

Lake Weekend with Ruthie

Ruthie spent all of Labor Day weekend with us at the lake.  We were thrilled to have her.  She helped us with some decorating.  We got some things hung on the walls.  She got us a new cottage-y anchor end table.  And, most of all, we got to spend lots of time with her at our secluded lake house.  We did take a couple of trips in to Clarksville....once by boat for lunch and shopping and once by car to purchase the table that we liked so much.

Ruthie bought Karcie the game Cooties.  The girls LOVED playing it and making the bugs!  Karcie seemed to win each time and the girls even spent one morning ALONE out on the porch playing the game WITHOUT fighting!!  That was a miracle!

Richard found my Clemson ring that I had lost the weekend before when we were at the lake.  I was scared to death that I had lost it!  It was in our bedroom floor.  These things were like $200 when I graduated. Now they are $567!!  YIKES!!

We also cheered on our Tigers as they played their season opener against Georgia.  We lost, but we enjoyed watching the first half.  Richard had his TV set up on the screened porch.  It was hot as Hades out there though.  I had to go inside to watch.  I can't be sweating when central A/C is within steps of me!!

When we returned home to Apex on Monday, Richard decided to take Ruthie and Kamdyn for a golf cart ride.  They were gone for quite a while.  I was outside when the three of them came WALKING in the driveway all sweaty and hot looking.  Well, they got stuck because the golf cart battery died.  Kamdyn had to drive them out of a creek while Ruthie and Richard pushed.  WHAT???  And, neither of them had their phones.  Then, Richard and Ruthie went back so they could PULL the golf cart home with the towing strap.  You can imagine the looks that the neighbors gave them as they pulled the golf cart through the neighborhood from the woods.  If I didn't know better, I would swear that Richard planned that.  He's gotta be the "redneck" non-yuppie one in the neighborhood!!  ;)




Never been so happy to see this ring!!  I've had it for 16 years!

Hanging out on the porch with Ruthie!

Go Tigers!!

WE found these cute crab painting in a store.  Kamdyn and Ruthie are going to try to re-create them!

Stirring Daddy's tea in the restaurant!

My presh!!

Richard and Karcie walking back to the boat after lunch!

Playing sweetly on the porch together!

Gorgeous sunset!

Fish I want Richard to try to make, but paint different colors.

Metal sign idea to make!

Boat ride with Ruthie!

Kamdyn was made because the sun was in her eyes!

No-smiling Richard selfie!

Sweet Little Thing!!


Attaching the golf cart to the Pathfinder!!  Crazy!

0 comments: