I posted this on Facebook on my Daddy's birthday, but wanted to be sure that it was here, too. It will end up in one of our blog books that we print.
Anyway, September 19th is my Daddy's birthday. He would have been 67 years old. I love that we found this picture from the late 80's shortly after my parents built our house in Powdersville. It's crazy looking across the street and down the driveway. It looks SO different now.
This picture just makes me smile. This is how I want to remember my Daddy.....full of energy and life. I think a few of my friends were over at my house and we were practicing some of our cheer-leading jumps. My Daddy decided he would give a toe touch a try!! :) This is how he was. Before he got sick, he loved to work in the yard, play golf, go to the beach, travel, etc. Often, my mind allowed me to forget these times when I would visit and see him barely able to move/walk, breathe, care for himself, talk, or smile. Sickness takes so much from so many. It's heartbreaking and devastating to watch.
July and August were awful months and I'm sure I've mentioned that over and over again. There is no time frame for grieving. I will never get over losing my Daddy. I feel cheated. I feel like he was cheated. BUT, I will say that September has brought a new peaceful feeling to my soul. I feel like I am actually functioning again instead of going through the motions in a directionless fog! I had so many days of being angry. Days when I would cry over what seemed like nothing at all. I had a short temper with my kids. I was mad that I was here alone and even angrier that Richard was having to travel for five months straight. Let's talk about bad timing!?!?!? I just didn't feel like doing much of anything. I feel like I am doing a little better now. The fog is beginning to lift and life is beginning to resume with smiles and happiness.
Looking at this picture makes me believe that my Daddy is in heaven jumping for joy. He's happy to be healed. He's rejoicing with Jesus now and will forever watch over my little family. Thank you, God, for your ultimate sacrifice. We are certainly not worthy of His daily forgiveness, but I am so thankful for it. I'm thankful for the promise of eternity and for knowing that I will see my favorite people again one day. Happy Birthday, Daddy!


1 comments:
One constant you can always count on, he loved you beyond reason, was so proud of you and would have loved your words. He always thought you should have been a writer. He enjoyed your blog, seeing pictures of you, Richard and the girls. He loved your family and was so proud of your life, he just had a very hard time expressing things. He is Happy. Happy in heaven, happy you are happy and he would want you to move on and enjoy your life with his other favorite thing, Kamdyn and Karcie. All he really thought about was when could he see them and you. Never forget the good times. The bad ones wash away in our tears and a sweet, precious Lord Jesus gives us what we need to go on.
Post a Comment