Thursday, April 03, 2014

YIKES!!!

Karcie and I were having a nice relaxing lunch on our back screened porch last week.  Afterwards, I was going to let Karcie play on her play set while I spray painted an Easter decoration for our door.  Well, let's just say that our backyard time came to a halt when we saw this GINORMOUS snake!!  I almost stepped on the crazy thing as I got to the bottom of our steps.  Luckily, I heard it shaking it's tail before I stepped down.  I freaked out!  We ran inside and out the front door to Colleen's house....our neighbor.  The silly snake watched us around the corner of our house for a while.  We tried desperately to find a neighbor who would come and remove it from my yard before it disappeared.  I needed to see it gone....dead or alive....I didn't care, I just wanted it out of my yard.  Sadly, no one could come over and catch it before it got away.  I am skittish every time I go in the backyard now.  

While we were at Colleen's house, Karcie and Campbell didn't miss a good opportunity to play.  They hid some Easter Eggs and enjoyed a yummy ice cream cone from Colleen.  Karcie told Campbell, "Your Mommy make the best ice team (cream) cones eber (ever)."    It was so cute!

I finally decided to suck it up and go back into my house despite the snake that was lurking in my yard.  I swear he is staring out me every time I walk out into the yard!!  Go away, big ugly snake!!








0 comments: