Sunday, September 01, 2013

Virginia Beach Girls Weekend



I was lucky enough to be able to get away for a girls weekend last weekend with some of my most favorite Clemson Girls.  I feel so blessed to have met these girls in 1995 during my freshmen year at Clemson.  We were all roommates at some time or another.  2013 minus 1995.....that's a LONG time.  I would consider these girls my "forever friends."  We have not been together since Betsy's wedding in 2005 and even then it wasn't just us.  We have seen each other from time to time throughout the years, but not for a true "girls weekend!"  The plan started coming together when I pretty much invited myself to Kelly's house in VA Beach.  We chose some weekends.  Then, I immediately sent a message to Betsy.  Lo and behold, she sent a message to Abby in California totally expecting her to say it was too far, not enough notice, etc.  The next thing I knew, ALL FOUR OF US WERE GOING!!  I was so excited I could hardly stand myself the week prior.  When I was driving to Virginia Beach, I couldn't get there fast enough.  Unfortunately, a terrible thunderstorm and construction delayed my arrival almost an hour. 

We spent Friday night at Kelly's condo eating, drinking, relaxing, and telling LOTS of stories!  On Saturday, we hit the beach fairly early and stayed most of the day.  The weather was gorgeous!  Low temps and low humidity....it just doesn't happen in the Summer!  That evening we enjoyed a fabulous dinner out with a gorgeous view!  We took a walk down on the VA Beach Boardwalk.  It was quite interesting that night down on the Boardwalk, right girls??  Later that night, we played some of our "old" college card games, told MORE hilarious Clemson stories, and laughed until the wee hours of the morning.  Betsy really needs to learn the difference between Double Queens and Double Aces.  HEE! HEE!  I haven't laughed that hard in years.  I laughed until I cried.......several times!  However, when I drove away on Sunday, I had a different kind of tears in my eyes.

I simply can't say enough about these three strong, independent, funny, hard-working, beautiful girls!  I miss them and I am so grateful that I was able to spend some of the best years of my life with them at Clemson!!

I'm counting down the days until our next "get together."  We don't have it planned yet, but I know that we won't go nearly as long before the next one.


 
Toes in the Sand!!!

Beaching it!!

Abby was chilly and a little sun burned!

Our view from our table at the restaurant.

My stuffed flounder was a BIG as my head!!

LOVE!!

Double LOVE!!

Silly girls!





0 comments: