Monday, December 17, 2012

Return to Bethlehem

Every two years our church organizes a wonderful production of the true meaning of Christmas. It's simply amazing! Kamdyn, Richard, and I walked through this very real Bethlehem two years ago and I will never forget the feeling that this live nativity created inside of me. From that very moment Kamdyn decided that she wanted  to participate the next time.  So we did. She wasn't ready for a main part so we decided upon villagers.  We ended up working at a roadside store selling fruits and vegetables. Kamdyn was timid at first, but she was insistent on following her part and the rules for our character. She didn't even acknowledge Georgia when she walked through! She yelled out, "Fruits and vegetables for sale.  2 denari."  It was precious and such a wonderful way for her to not only understand Jesus' birth and the struggles that people faced back then, but she was able to see the overwhelming hope that was felt with the news of the Messiah being born. Those who believed were going to be saved!  It really helped her understand the most important reason for celebrating Christmas!  Phones weren't allowed on the scene so these were the only photos I got.  Kamdyn was precious! I am grateful to God for sending his Son and for blessing me with my awesome husband and two precious girls.



0 comments: