Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5 Year Check-Up


Kamdyn had her 5 year check up on Monday.  She was tickled that they didn't have to prick her finger.   She did have to be screened for hearing and vision in order to attend school in Georgia next year.  Both were perfect!  She is 44" tall (75th %tile) and weighs 38 lbs (45th %tile).  She continues to be REALLY tall and skinny!  Dr. Foushee was not the least bit concerned about her weight and neither am I!  She is a great eater and will try anything put in front of her at least once.  She had a wonderful conversation with Dr. Foushee.  Dr. Foushee continues to be impressed with her maturity; however, Dr. Foushee may have changed her mind after Kamdyn's reactions to the shots!  She had to get 3 shots and she screamed like someone was chopping both of her legs off.  It took a good 10-15 minutes for me to get her settled back down.  I told her that we couldn't leave until she stopped screaming and crying because she would scare all of the babies in the doctor's office.  That seemed to work!  She limped around for a little while, as only a drama queen would do, and she still has her same band-aids on three days later. Whatever!!  I am just thankful that she is hardly ever sick because I just don't know if she could handle everything that goes with being sick!  And, for that matter, I'm not sure how I would deal with my worrisome (borderline hypochondriac) child!  :)  I love EVERYTHING about you, Kamdyn Lucy, and I wouldn't change a thing!! 

Patiently waiting on Dr. Foushee!

2 comments:

Nanny said...

Beautiful Beyond Words!!! Could squeeze her to pieces.

Gina said...

5 YEARS OLD???? Really?? Can't believe how fast time has flown by!! Got to love these girls and all their dramatic reactions!!!