Kamdyn and I have been working for several months on a few sight words. She recognizes all of her letters, knows each of their sounds, and even knows the letters that make multiple sounds. Next step - READING!! She is working on sounding out words and I hope to have her reading short repetitive books by this summer when I have more time.
As of now she knows about 8 sight words. Up until the other night, I thought she just had them memorized on the flash cards and really hadn't made the connection to actual reading. However, we went to the Mexican Restaurant after dance last night. She pointed to the podium and said, "Look, Mama! It's says 'to'." I was so excited. The sign said, "Please wait 'to' be seated!"
Family Fun
2 years ago


1 comments:
What a genius! Takes after her Mommy and Daddy. I remember Kimberly when you were learning to read at her age. I know you also remember the day and book when you were first able to read. Its a joyous occasion and Kamdyn loves books like you do. Good job both of my angels!
Post a Comment