Monday, March 29, 2010

Kamdyn's 4th Birthday at Monkey Joe's

Kamdyn decided to have her party at Monkey Joe's back in October when she went to Jacob's party there. She LOVED it! Then, we went to another party there and she seemed to have a change of heart. However, she INSISTED on having her party there regardless despite my reservations! I agreed despite not having full control at a party place like this. Richard was out of town the week prior which made my planning a little more strategic. Luckily, I had everything done and the week went smoothly.

Kamdyn was ready for her big day! When we got to Monkey Joe's she did great at first. Then, she seemed to be a little overwhelmed and begin to have somewhat of a meltdown. After a trip to the bathroom and a threat to take her home she attempted to get herself together. Once we were in the party room eating pizza and cupcakes she seemed to transform back into her sweet fun-loving self. I hated for our guests to see her "melt down" and I apologized profusely. I did hear her say while opening her presents, "This is the best party EVER!" That comment eased my mind and my feelings because they were a little hurt after all of my effort and planning for her party. I think a good time was had by all. I still can't believe that she will be 4 on Thursday. I'll post my Mommy comments on that later! Until then, Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

My big 4 year old!


Party Placemats!


Uncle Matthew hanging out in the birthday chair.


Monkey cupcakes made by Kamdyn and Georgia.



I think Mama Lucy was trying to talk Kamdyn into sitting in the birthday chair for her party.


Hanging out with Daddy in the birthday chair!


Kamdyn finally went down the big slide with Daddy but only ONCE! I think this was the start of her "mood."


Having a good time!


Pop Pop watching Kamdyn.


Me with my sweetie in the birthday chair that she worried about sitting in for a few days. I was trying to get her to change her mind!


Kamdyn was very blessed to have so many of her family and friends at her party!


Sweet Emma enjoying her pizza! I used to work with Emma's Mommy.


I was trying to help! She didn't really want it though!


Kamdyn's sweet friends.


Mama Lucy and Uncle Matthew


Listening to everyone sing to her!

I can't believe there are 4 candles on top of her cake!


Kamdyn enjoying the delicious monkey cupcakes!


The "Green Room" that I transformed into the "Pink and Brown" room! I had to girly it up!


Jacob was so helpful and patient with Kamdyn!


Emma gave Kamdyn an adorable John Deere hat.


Emma's Daddy works at John Deere. Now Kamdyn and Emma can match!


The only thing Kamdyn asked Nanny for was a box of crayons!


Nanny, of course, got her A LOT more......
Kamdyn insisted on a hug from Nanny right then and there!

1 comments:

Nanny said...

And a GREAT TIME was had by all. Kamdyn is absolutely amazing with her vocabulary and ability to dazzle us all. Who knew being a grandmother could be so much fun. Must be why they call it "GRAND"! She's just growing up so fast.